The Sancy and the Auvergne produce an abundance of genuine and delicious local produce.
- Salted meat, including hams, sausages, salami, pâtés, black pudding, pork scratchings...
- The great yellow gentian: a highly symbolic plant with both culinary and pharmaceutical qualities. Gentian liqueur: an aperitif made by soaking and distilling the roots of Auvergne great yellow gentian plants
- The Puy green lentil: the first PDO vegetable. You can enjoy it as a starter, with fish or meat, or even as a dessert.
- The fizzy drinks Auvergnat Cola and Bougnat Cola which contain gentian
- The Arctic Char
- Wild fruits (raspberries, bilberries, blueberries, blackberries) and jams
- Mountain honey and confectionery. The honey from the Massif is enhanced by the presence of so many protected plants.
- Salers meat : beef renowned for its taste, colour and marbling.
- Mineral waters (Mont-Dore, sparkling St Diery water, Volvic, Chateldon). The Auvergne has an abundance of natural springs.
Mont-Dore water is taken from the La Montille spring. This water is extremely pure, filtered by volcanic rocks, with a slight mineral content. The taste is sweet and smooth. This water can be drunk every day by all the family.
St Diery mineral water is naturally sparkling. The spring contains carbon dioxide (a gas produced by volcanic activity). It has therapeutic qualities and is a tasty way to quench your thirst.
A recipe : Green lentil salad with bacon bits and Auvergne ham